Clay has been used for cosmetic purposes since forever. Due to its amazing properties it helps with skin detoxing and has also been proven efficient in treating acne. Keep reading if you want to learn how to properly use it to prepare 6 efficient facial treatments.
Clay is rich in minerals such as zinc, magnesium and calcium and it has anti-bacterial and antiseptic properties. It is ideal to care for mature skin. It leaves the skin clean and soft.
Clay comes in several colors: red (recommended for irritated, sensitive skin), white (suitable for dry skin detoxing), pink (which can be used to calm irritated skin), yellow (for oily skin), and blue (proven suitable for all skin types).
- To prepare a mask suitable for dry skin based on clay, here’s what you need: 3 teaspoons of white or red clay, 1 or 2 teaspoons of yogurt, half a teaspoon of almond oil, and 5 drops of rose water. Mix the yogurt and the clay together and then add the remaining ingredients. Apply the mask on our face and neck and leave to act for 20 minutes. Apply moisturizer afterwards.
- Normal skin also needs care and attention. To make a mask for this type of skin you need 2 teaspoons of blue clay and 1 small egg yolk. Add a few drops of distilled water so that you get a paste. Leave to act for 15 minutes.
- Oily skin needs a different approach: 3 teaspoons of green or yellow clay, a few drops of lemon juice and a few drops of rose water. Leave to act for 30 minutes and then rinse with cold water.
- To treat acne mix 2 teaspoons of green or yellow clay with a small amount of distilled water. The consistency of the mask needs to be thin and creamy, but not runny. Leave the mask on until it dries.
- To make an anti-wrinkles cream, you need: 3 teaspoons of green clay, 3 teaspoons of apricot seeds oil and 10 drops of Palmarosa essential oil. Leave to act for 10 minutes.
- Clay body treatment: add a cup of white clay in your bathtub and soak in it for 30 minutes. Rinse thoroughly and hydrate afterwards.